Thursday 27 December 2012

Mega Churches - Abundant Living Faith Center, El Paso, Texas

Abundant Living Faith Center, El Paso, Texas
Abundant Living Faith Center, El Paso, Texas has been designed by Moore Nordell Kroeger Architects, Inc. Project consisted of structural design for a new 58,000 sq ft community church, including a 30,000 sq ft sanctuary with tiered seating and 28,000 sq ft of office and education rooms. This project included the design of a steel and CMU structural system for the sanctuary and CMU and wood framing for a detached 13,000 sq ft administrative building. In 1982, Abundant Living Faith Center (ALFC) launched bumptious new plan to build a new sanctuary located in East El Paso. In December 2007 ALFC takes ownership of their brand new 3,500 seat, state-of-the-art auditorium and ALFC celebrates its 30th Anniversary.
Abundant Living Faith Center, El Paso, Texas
The Abundant Living Faith Center is a nondenominational, multicultural church in El Paso, Texas, USA, with about 20,000 members in 2009. As of 2009, it ranked number 41 by size on the Outreach Magazine's list of largest churches in the USA. Pastors are Charles and Rochelle Nieman. The church is part of the Word of Faith movement, giving abundant life teachings. The center supports the Faith Christian Academy, a private school established in 1980 that is home to more than 500 students from K-3 through to 12th grade. In August 2009 the church was giving away over 1,100 backpacks filled with school supplies, of which 800 would go to children in the El Paso area and 300 will go to children in the Dominican Republic.

2 comments:

  1. After attending two and a half years with my three daughters, and trying to be obedient to God and become volunteers and serve God at our church, I disappointedly found out that this church is a far cry from practicing what it preaches. It does not practice what it preaches!! Here is our testimony. First of all, like all big corporations, banks and government and law enforcement agencies, they do a very thorough and prying background check on everyone before they place them as a volunteer. I can understand that to some extent, due safety concerns with such a large church, and I also new I had some issues with my past that I knew would come up. These issues have long since past, and have been overcome. My mistakes of the past, my present life and my daughter’s life are a great example and testimony of how God has worked in my life, changed me, forgiven me, saved me and turned me into a new and extremely blessed man of God, with very much to offer and give to the church as a volunteer, including my own life testimony. By your fruits you shall be known. My fruit speaks loudly for me also. This church proceeded to exclude me from volunteering in a totally blind, tactless, impersonal and judgmental way. Not even notifying me of my status, for which I had to make numerous phone calls. Or attempting to interview me to find out more about me, my past and who and what I am now and how much my life has changed in the 20 years that have past since I had my problems. Or what kind of person I am now and what I had to offer this church after attending faithfully for almost three years with my three daughters, and very faithfully and generously contributing financially also. I am a very good single father and good man of God, raising three daughters on my own, and members of this church for almost three years After many phone calls, I decide to schedule a meeting directly with pastor Charles Nieman, in an effort to show myself to him, explain to him about my history and my family’s history and how God has worked so many living miracles in my life and my daughters, share my testimony with him, and give him a clear picture of who, what and how my life is in present times. Not just going by a piece of paper on their desks, but by meeting me and seeing what Gods love, grace and mercy have done in my life. God changes people and their lives. How can a church judge and exclude someone with so much testimony and so much more to offer, from serving the church that they loved and wanted to serve, without even an interview. I was scheduled to see the Pastor around three weeks after I requested the meeting After the three weeks were almost past. I received a call from his secretary Nancy, postponing the meeting for almost another month. This church and its staff and policies are contradicting themselves and what Jesus teaches in the Bible. Jesus said all are welcome by him in his body which is the church and all are new creatures in him who accept him as their lord. The Pastor encourages and teaches that is imperative that you serve your church. He said it in boiling point, which is the series they give you when you take the membership class. The Bible does not say that those with a past need not apply. On the contrary, those persons need the church the most. Without us there is no ALFC. On his opening on June the 30th 2013, Pastor Charles said that Jesus said all the heavy laden shall be received by me. Everyone will be accepted. And I quote. Look it up Really? Does ALFC practice what they preach?
    I KNOW I HAD VERY MUCH TO OFFER AS A VOLUNTEER TO THIS CHURCH!!!
    BEWARE.!!! ALFC DOES NOT PRACTICE WHAT THEY PREACH.!!!.
    I decided to cancel my appointment with Pastor Charles and we will no longer be attending ALFC.
    And it doesn’t look like anyone cared about our leaving either. You are a nobody at this church..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative article, which you have shared here about the Faith Center. After reading your article I got very much information and it is very useful for us. I am thankful to you for sharing this article here. faith center tucker ga

    ReplyDelete